- A completed Liability and Medical release is required of all participants. Anyone who has not provided the required release forms will not be allowed to participate and no refund will be given.
Payments & Schedule Changes
- Full payment for your program is due 45 days before your first trip.
- Program payments should be sent to the office for proper credit.
- If full payment is not received ten days before your first trip, you are subject to a $30.00 late fee, and may not be allowed on the bus. In addition, 1.5% interest will be charged on all unpaid balances starting on the date of your first trip.
- If your check is returned unpaid by the bank, we will have to charge you $20.00.
- Any changes to your program must be requested in writing and received in our office via fax, mail, email, or in person. Phone and e-mail requests will be accepted but must have written notification to take effect. Changes to your program made within 21 days of the start date are charged a $15 change fee. However, you are allowed one program or schedule change per season at no charge.
- Credits or refunds for using a season pass or other resort distributed pass instead of a Winterset issued lift pass will be given for the trip in which the pass was used. To ensure receiving proper credit, it is the member’s responsibility to inform the bus host when you use a season pass and to contact the office before the trip to request a credit.
- Rain checks, trip credits, or positive balances must be used by the end of the Alpine Adventures season following their issue. (E.g., a credit issued in January of the current season is useable until the last scheduled trip of the next season.) All rain checks, trip credits, or positive balances not used within the specified time period will expire and be removed from the members account.
- Your daily trip fee will be collected on the bus by your host. Senior, and season pass discounts are computed when you register and are deducted from your program fee. All seniors and season pass holders signed up as Pay-As-You-Go members, pay the daily trip fee for each trip they attend.
- All Pay-As-You-Go members have a reserved space for each trip of the program they are registered. You do not need to call the office to let us know that you are attending.
Make Up Trips
- When a trip is postponed it will be made up on the designated make up date posted on the original schedule. We normally experience one to three postponements due to weather in a season.
- If you miss a trip it is possible to attend a trip on a different day if there is space. A transportation fee of $45 is charged (plus the Pay-As-You-Go fee if applicable).
- You may transfer or sell your seat to someone else if you are unable to attend. The person taking your seat will be required to complete a medical/liability release form.
- No credits or refunds are given for missed trips, lessons, or any unused portion of a trip.
- If you are unable to find someone to use your seat, you can notify the office and we may be able to sell it for you. Unsold program seats (if any) are sold before members’ seats.
- Guests are always welcome on a space-available basis. Call the office (916) 737-7669 to make a reservation.
- A medical and liability release form must be completed for each guest. Forms are available on the bus, by mail from the office, or download here.
- While it is best to make a reservation, we occasionally are able to take last minute "stand by" guests on a space available basis at the last pick up location for each bus. Call for details.
Ski Equipment, Clothing, Rentals
- Since so many skis, boots, and poles look alike, please mark all your equipment. This also helps us get your equipment back to you if it is left behind.
- Use ski bags or straps to keep your skis and poles together on the bus.
- The bus companies do not allow the wearing of ski boots on the bus unless “Cat Tracks” are attached to the soles. Boots should be stored inside the bus for the trip up, but should be stored in the baggage compartment on the return trip.
- Be prepared to ski in all weather conditions and dress appropriately. Use the equipment list as a guide.
- If you plan to rent, do so at one of our recommended shops here in town. This will save you time and the hassle of waiting in line at the ski resort.
- We maintain a lost & found, so if you lose something, call us.